Friday, August 27, 2010

giving blood

So I went last night to give blood, and my iron count was the lowest possible acceptable number (38).  So I started taking iron last night.  Anyway the gal doing the needle poking stuck it half way thru my elbow - I swear!  It burned like fire, then I started to feel like I was going to lose my lunch.  That has never happened to me before when giving blood.  I felt pukey for a couple of hours, and draped myself dramatically around the house. 

Then I went to a piano lesson parents meeting but not STRAIGHT there, oh no.  I had written the address down wrong, couldn't program the gps properly, forgot my phone to call home for better instructions, and drove like a bat out of hell all over, ALL OVER the weird up and down parts of Lehi.  At one point a woman out in her front yard saw me looking frustrated and made a "can I help you?" expression.  So I drove back and asked her where that address was.  She said that one doesn't exist, but who are you looking for?  I told her, and she walked around her corner and pointed out the right house!  What a tender mercy!  I love living in Utah, let me tell you.

However I probably should not have taken the post meeting trip to Walmart, because the do it yourself register just absolutely freaked out.  Slowly, in a way that took an eternity.  Alternate time-line freak out.  The lady ended up telling me that I was probably charged for my purchases, but she couldn't produce a receipt, was that ok?  Well, since it's 10:15 pm - sure.

But the toughest thing has been watching my one of my offspring deal with the consequences of choices.  My heart just aches, and that makes my throat hurt too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment