Friday, July 30, 2010

This one's for you, Mom and Dad


So, I told Mom and Dad I'd show them some more Alaska pics.  Here we are in Sitka by the statue of a dog, whose name I can't remember, who is famous for something else I can't remember.  It was touching though.  Roger will remember, and will retell the story, completely embellishing with fabricated detail and narration.  It'll make a good story. 


 Dorothy, Larry, Doug, Roger and I with the Mendenhall glacier in the background.
 
 Since it's 100 degrees outside, I just wanted to look at this again.


 I made them do this.  They were good sports.  You can't see, but they were copying the totem.


There is a beautiful park in the middle of Sitka with trails and totem poles.



 Hi Mom!


 We're checking out the bordello section of town.  Of course it's all shopping now that the gold rush is over.


 In case you forget, there's salmon in them there waters.


 Buchart Gardens, Victoria, Canada.  It's an old limestone quarry made over into gardens, and it is GEORGOUS!!  I put this picture here to remind Roger that this is exactly, to a tee what I mean when I say pergola for the backyard. 


 This one's for you, Mom.


 The sunken garden.


 More sunken garden.


Juno, Alaska with our ship The Rotterdam in the (harbor? fiord? bay?) In the gift shop you could buy shirts that had various "dam" puns on them.

We stayed neck and neck with that gigantic Princess boat the whole trip, and it was kind of fun to keep track of who was winning.  I don't know why I can't seem to enlarge this teeny photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment