Thursday, July 22, 2010

post #2


Yikes. Perfectionism hits when I consider doing a blog post. So I ask myself why do I want to blog? Well, just getting with the digital world is a start, and I wanted a knitting blog, a garden blog, a journal, and to communicate with my family, especially my parents currently living in the East. So..............how about all 4! If you EVER happen to read this, skip the parts you have no interest in. I realize it's terrible, but if I try to be funny, insightful or interesting I'll be sunk before the start. So here goes........


State of the garden:


Nope. Can't find the pictures anywhere. I know I took them yesterday, but the camera denies all knowledge. (I'd call Roger at work (WORK!!) but he's so sick, and this is the 4th day on the job, so I'll wait till he gets home. Can you believe it? The poor man gets a job after 3 months unemployment, and catches either the flu or a bad bad cold the day before he's to start. He really likes what he has seen of the company so far, and it only takes 20 minutes to get there.) So while the cranky camera mutters about no images on the memory card, blah blah, I'll just let you know the zuchini, basil, lettuce and tomatoes have been delicious, and we're waiting on the green beans with baited breath. Or maybe that's just me. The lettuce is done though; I pulled all the rest out for being too bitter. Only sweet optimism in my garden, thanks.

So here's some cruise pictures. Please keep in mind the crankiness of the camera; it absolutely refused to zoom without shutting down. Also, I think we were too stressed out to fully enjoy the whole thing, so we weren't as photo happy as normal. Unemployment= nagging tension perched on your back. A clench in the jaw. If we could have just known he would have a job offer within a week of getting back from the cruise! Have had more faith.
Anywhoo


Wow, that was really hard to get the picture where I wanted, but I called Bonmama and she set me on the straight path. Anyway, a beautiful crew, no? This is all of Roger's siblings minus two, and their spouses, (plus one sister-in-law and her spouse) Truly, the best group EVER to cruise with. Highly recommended.


Rick, Roger and Doug, on their salmon fishing excursion, where, no, they caught no fish. Roger saw a whale though.


Everyone on deck while the ship did a drive-by of the Hubbard Glacier. I froze my (various body parts) off for 2 HOURS, only to have the glacier calve minutes after I left the deck. Apparently it was spectacular.



The glacier. See how blue it is? I had no idea. Even the floating ice chunks were blue. Really, really cool.

Roger eating split pea soup on deck, which is a custom on Holland ships while doing drive-bys, (or something like that)
Well, I was going to put up more pictures, but this has been a little traumaticly complicated, and I'm going to go do some Relief Society visiting. I think I'm getting this though, so I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment