Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy 24th

Today is the hot hot hot hot 24th of July, which also is a holiday in Utah. Breanne had to go to work, and I asked Brandon to tame the ivy in the front, which turned into a big, bad hairy job. Thanks for sticking with it Brandon! Later we celebrated by going on a quick hike up pocket canyon, or rather; Roger, Rick, Ethan and Toby hiked quite a bit more than me. I sat in the shade and knitted after my quick hike, and I didn't get a single picture. Sheesh. It was lovely, deserty, and hot.


Roger showed the camera who's boss; here's the garden pictures:
Tons of grapes.


Tomatoes, and some variety of squash. There will be a marker buried somewhere in there. I know I started a sweet 100 cherry tomato this year, but none of these are! Dunno what to make of it.




My herb garden. Aunt Pam told me what to do with all the fennel, but I have forgotten. Does anybody know what to do with fennel? It's a monster, and I totally didn't leave room for it, it's hanging over the rosemary, which I love. Gotta move it come fall. The cilantro has totally gone to seed.






This year Roger put up a trellis for the green beans. That's grapes on the right of the picture. The raised bed along the fence used to have asparagus, but it all DIED, which made me quite sad and my neighbors's raspberries are creeping under the fence, so I'm letting them come. But I'm disgusted about it. Since they are still a little sparse, I have put in some pumpkins this year also.

On the knitting front, I FINALLY finished my nephew Brookes' Christmas poncho! I had Breanne model it before I mailed it off - maybe Brooke will send me an action shot? pattern: A very Harlot Poncho, by the yarn Harlot. Yarn: Encore, (wool and acrylic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment