Thursday, March 24, 2011

Get back on the bike

Huh.  Posting is kinda like being nice to your husband;  sometimes you forget to do it.  Even though you really MEANT to do it.


Just got up at 5 am after laying in bed for an hour.  (my rule, lay there for at least an hour, you just MIGHT go back to sleep)  (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)


The doTerra "breath" concoction I put under my nose helped a goodish amount with congestion, the Lavender I rubbed on my feet for insomnia: not at all.


I haven't knitted in a month, but I just finished Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card (Really enjoyable) and The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials by James Dasher  (Merely ok books, but somehow I kept on reading.) Eyeing my "to read" pile with anticipation - (tapping fingertips together) - which to choose, which to choose..........
The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency
The Years Best Science Fiction (short story anthology)
The Happiness Project
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Roger turned down my suggestion he buy a fancy phone with features for his birthday - say that 5 times! - and bought a Wi instead, and we have been bowling and lightsabering to the point of arm soreness.  Ethan, who hitherto this has pretty much poo-poo'ed video games is now a sweaty, gyrating, jumping MANIAC!  We've pretty much gotten our moneys worth in child energy burning alone.  It's been like watching a tazmanian devil.  He certainly could have used it this long, long, long winter for cabin fever!


It was lovely to watch Roger choke up while trying to read to Ethan the final scenes of Gregor the Overlander last night.  What a big softie.  Gregor may be a little too intense for Ethan; he got up with nightmares about spiders and ants in his bed, and slept on the couch. ................................or ......................................just had a really bad thought............................................


nope, can't even type it.  We're not going there.


Well, we have enjoyed the presence of Brandon and Breanne for the past few days while they're on spring break.  We tried out Texas Roadhouse, STEAK!!! oh yeah!  caked it up for Roger's bday (Breanne and I tried a Betty Crocker gluten free - pretty darn tasty) and went to AUNT PAM'S GREAT BIG FAMILY HOME EVENING!  Breanne left her camera cords at her apartment, so she will be emailing me the pics she took, after which I will post them here for grandparental enjoyment!

3 comments:

  1. Um... Do you think maybe he played Wii when he got up? Seems like you woulda heard it? Not what you meant? Yeah, you are gonna have to spell it out for me! Plus, I think he left a pair of jeans here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and I just found a blue hoodie that is waaay to big for Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that dreams of bugs in your bed is a common symptom of bedbugs. And no, I probably would NOT hear him playing wii, cuz I have a sound machine AND earplugs. I would however, (and hopefully) see the light from the tv shining through the cat door!

    ReplyDelete