Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The new carpet

So, I've been looking for a cheap but beautiful carpet for our TV area, mainly to anchor the couches in place to keep the one from scooting back into the curtains and over the furnace vent.  We tried carpet grip stuff under the legs, but it didn't work for long. The Liquidation Team had this 8 by 10 that was EXACTLY what I had in mind, and if you don't think it's beautiful, you can word it carefully, but I won't believe you. 

Anyway, I muscled it home, wrestled it around by my lonesome with Ethan and Toby dancing around making me all frazzled.  It took awhile to get it all moved around and lined up and I was pretty sweaty, but happy with how it looked. 

Then.............. dun dun dun. 

I decided to water the plants, and put some miracle-gro in the water, cuz, well, it was just time to do that, and as I walked to the corner to water that Dr. Suess plant I've got there in the corner, I thought "huh, that coffee table is just a little crooked, bent over, and SPLOOSH, there went 2 quarts of blue liquid over the new carpet.  It had been in place all of 30 minutes!!!!!!!!  Yep. 

I hauled it out to the driveway, scrubbed it out and hosed it off.  It washed out fine, and Roger came home to wet carpet drying over the stair railing.  Ethan didn't hear a single one of the dirty words I furiously muttered to myself, so I'm counting this one as a win. 

This all happened early in the month, but such is my camera cycle.  You know, the taking of pictures, the downloading of pictures, the naming of the file, then the cursed searching and searching for the bleeping file.  You gotta want it.





Yes, something needs to be done about the coffee table I bought at Salvation Army 20 years ago, but my gumption for projects is missing, and my money for new is sitting on the floor there. 

Doesn't this look like he's got Dr. Oct legs coming out of his back?
 
Ethan, Aislynn, and Eli had all earned free Utah State fair tickets (plus one free ride and a free drink) this summer by reading books and filling out a form, so we went and had a dang good time, if you don't count the $6 corn dogs.  The kids were most excited by far by this bungee/gymnastic contraption, but the art and craft displays were pretty popular with them too. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think it looks great. And I'll have to confess I was really diggin' the iris painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! Samia, makin' friends! And of COURSE I love the carpet!

    ReplyDelete