Sunday, November 28, 2010

What have they done with the REAL Nyquil?!? Plus: a bonus body count of the children I've exposed.

Day 1 - hmmm, I think I'm having allergies.  Exposed: Ethan, Eli, Aislynn, Micah, and by extension, their new baby sister, Abigail.

Day 2 - Thanksgiving, Sneezy McSneezerson. hmmmm, dang my throat is sore, I just might be coming down with something.  Exposed: Ashlynn, Donnie, Mackenzie, Hailey, Kaila

Day 3 - Black Friday, got up at 4:30 am to go to Walmart, where we scored both Roger's and Breanne's X-mas present, saving at least $100 (so it was worth it)  It's official, I've got a cold, not too bad; carry on.  Exposed: Eli, Aislynn, and Micah, just in case it didn't take the first time.  Then Roger and Ethan packed up to go camping IN THE SNOW.   No one would go with them.  Mystifying.

Day 4 - I'm siiiiiiiick.  I sound like that deep voice guy who used to do all the dramatic Tv show commercials.  Exposed: (parents forewarned, but fatalistic.  Somedays ya gotta take babysitting where you can get it) Ava, Lila, Maia and Mathias.  Good thing these kids mostly watch themselves, and outside in the freezing cold to boot.  I unreasonably insisted on shoes and coats (I know!)

After they left, I faced reality, got a substitute for primary, and settled down with my unleaded Nyquil, Mucinex, The Deathly Hallows, Christmas music, and my new calling in life: snot machine. And now, back to my regularly scheduled productive coughing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad you're feeling icky! :( i enjoyed reading your post, though! :) I'd gladly submit myself for exposure if it meant I could come for a visit right now! love, amers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That suuuuuux! But I AM glad to hear that you took today off and got some resty resty.

    ReplyDelete