Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The reason Roger really came on this trip

Sorry I'm so long in getting this out there.  Sorry because I'm already forgetting stuff, but my attention has been commanded by the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency!  I read the first one on the trip, along with the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, and Out of My Mind by Sharon M Draper.  All of them are such excellent, excellent books!  Happily, there is a total of 11 of the Ladies Detective Series, with another one on the way.  Right now I'm in the middle of the 5th one: The Full Cupboard of Life, and that's pretty much all I want to do.  Dishes?  pffff.  Supper?  Don't you know where the cheerios are?  But then I say to myself, what would Precious Ramotswe say?  Fine.  (Such charming quirky little books, do yourself a favor and READ THEM)  
  
The weekend was spent cleaning the house in order to have the friendly Paul Fisher and his lovely family over for dinner Saturday night, then having Bonnie and fam, Arek and fam, Rick and the two college kids over for Easter dinner.  Of course we dyed eggs Saturday morning, and there was a loud and chilly egg hunt with all the cousins.  


But!  back to the DC Extravaganza.  Day 3 (or 4 if you count the traveling day.  Should I count the traveling day?)  we went to the other Air and Space Museum, otherwise known as almost the entire reason Roger wanted to come on this trip.  The 2 youngest were done after about an hour, so I bought them - (those little helicopter on a stick thingies that you spin between your palms and they take off? what the heck are they called? Spinners?  Google is letting me down)  and they had a great time in the locker room for a couple of hours!  Then lunch, and a really boring Imax.  It sounds bad, but we all had a really good time, kids playing, me reading or chatting with Amy; Arek, Roger and Eli pretty much memorizing each and every plane, talking, talking, talking!  They had a fabulous time!  They took 5 HOURS.  Then they bought a book each to continue memorizing plane facts.  I think they should give each other a quiz.  

They love their Ann Tamy

Yes,  THE Enola Gay!



That big white one on the bottom is an entire Concord.  This place is HUGE.



This is all the more we saw of these two,  their brains were sucked into the jetstream.


Afterwards, we had a fabulous meal at PF Changs, which the kids LOVED, then we went to the movies because we needed to stay out of Amy's roomate's hair for the evening, well, and cuz we like movies.  We saw Rango, which was enjoyable, but a little weird.  Don't you wish you hadn't stuck out your tongue AMY????  After all, this blog is viewed by possibly 5 people!
  

3 comments:

  1. Precious would counsel you to steam a pumpkin and throw it on the table before getting back to your book.

    I am not an airplane fanatic, but I do very much enjoy those air and space museums. We went to Evergreen in Oregon and saw the Spruce Goose. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looks like so much fun! I probably would have been sucked into the airplane stuff, too. I was such a geeky pre-teen that I had a model of the plane Chuck Yeager flew hanging on my wall along with a poster of the Thunderbirds. It was much later that I put posters of River Phoenix up. At first it was all planes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you both would have LOVED this place then. It had everything you could imagine, plus a space shuttle. The building was super cool too!

    ReplyDelete